W102 – Fundamentals II: Interpretation Tools – Audit
This course is pre-recorded – course description:
Beyond basic interpretation of planets, signs, houses, and aspects, this course introduces students to techniques that clarify, or modify the chart interpretation to identify major life themes. Students learn the lineage of techniques and their modern practice, plus any controversy, to better understand the diversity of traditions in the 21st-century astrology community. The W102 course focuses on modifying the natal planet expression, taking interpretation from “cookbook” memorization to nuanced and personalized interpretation.
Topics covered include:
- Explore the range of philosophical purposes for natal chart interpretation
- Compare house systems to identify those suited for regular use from other more traditional or situation-specific.
- Explore how decans and dwads personalize planet sign and degree placement
- Interpret natal moon phases and lunar nodes to reveal areas of growth
- Examine the harmonic foundation of aspects with major and minor aspects
- Identify major life themes of planets in close aspect by longitude and declination, as well as in close aspect configurations
- Personalize interpretation with sensitive points such as Arabic parts, solstice points, decans and dwads, midpoints, Aries point, and the vertex.
- Explore how major asteroids, dwarf planets, and 8 notable fixed stars add interpretative detail
By the end of this course, students will have developed the skills necessary for evaluating chart information and identifying the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches. They will be able to synthesize the core astrological components and modify information into a coherent and meaningful interpretation without relying on outside resources.