Instructors: Donna Young, Tamira McGillivray, & Vanessa Lundborg
Day: Sunday, beginning January 7, 2023*
Time: 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM Pacific Time
Course Length : 10 weeks – all live classes are recorded
*Additional Practice Labs will be offered throughout the course
What You’ll Learn:
- An introduction to the astronomical underpinnings of the astrological chart
- Exploration of the interplay between astronomy and the astrological meanings of the planets; comparing meanings from Hellenistic to modern; and an introduction to the mythology and archetypal meaning of the planets
- Introduction to natal retrograde planets and meaning
- Understanding the big picture by working with elements, modes, and polarities; the hemispheres and quadrants, and Marc Edmund Jones modern chart patterns
- Examining the construction of meaning within the astrological signs
- Introduction to the astrological houses and how they are created; the meanings of the houses and their changes over time; how to use the houses to enhance an interpretation
- Introduction to the major aspects
- Introduction to basic dignities, debilities, and dispositor trees to help hone chart interpretation
- Layering all this together to create your own interpretation without any outside resource
By the end, students will have a solid understanding of the planets and how the signs and houses modify their meaning. They will learn to evaluate what planets are highlighted in the chart based on their placement by sign and house, basic dignities, and their interaction through aspects and dispositors. They will be able to synthesize this information into a basic coherent and meaningful interpretation without relying on outside resources.
- Personal Planets · Chaldean Order
- Outer Planets · Retrogrades
- Polarity, Mode, Elements
- Planets in Signs · Dispositor Patterns
- Foundational Energy · Sect · Chart Patterns/Quadrants
- Astrological Houses · Natal Promise
- Aspects · Applying/Separating
- Essential Dignities
- Putting it All Together
This course is required for the Professional Diploma
- Obert, Charlie. Introduction to Traditional Natal Astrology: A Complete Working Guide for Modern Astrologers.
- Gillett, Roy. The Secret Language of Astrology.
- Houlding, Deborah. The Houses, Temples of the Sky.
- Tompkins, Sue. Aspects in Astrology
- Dykes, Benjamin. Traditional Astrology for Today, An Introduction.
Registration closes at 7:00am on Wednesday January 10th, 2024