Instructor: Carol Tebbs
Day: Sunday, July 16, beginning 2023
Time: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM Pacific Time
Course Length: 5 weeks – all live classes are recorded
Even with a birth certificate, all birth times should be tested because of the wide disparity of recording around the world. Testing ensures that the ANGLES of the chart are confirmed by movement techniques that show the activation of the natal chart at dates of major life events. If they don’t, the astrologer and client can determine if rectification of the birth time is needed and what is to be accomplished by the search. To rectify the chart, the client often needs to be asked for additional information about specific life turning points based on his or her memory, records, family, and/or friends.
Common problems with recorded birth time accuracy are:
- Times rounded to the quarter-hour
- Times recorded in standard time by statute, when daylight time was in effect,
- Clock and watch variances, and
- Birth time is not a priority for the medical staff.
By the end of this course, students will be able to apply various chart movement techniques to align appropriate chart patterns and astrological significators to actual life events, from a few minutes of known birth time to a 6-hour search. They will learn the important areas of practice and controversy in rectification; demonstrate knowledge of timing techniques; evaluate activated natal chart angles at important events, and derive a time that can consistently be repeated and aligned with major events.
Weekly Topics Include:
- Problematic Issues: Assessing the Need for Birth Time Rectification
- How to Assess the Natal Chart Dynamics to Set the Stage for Rectification
- If the Birth Time Doesn’t Match Events, Why Does It Matter? Looking at first-tier techniques.
- Arcing Planets to Angles Can Confirm Birth Time
- Putting Rectification Theory into Practice
This course does require a good knowledge of transits, progressions, directions, and other methods of moving the chart in time.
Advanced astrology software that can search various movement methods is highly recommended, such as Solar Fire 9, Sirius 3.0, Time Passages, and others. Jigsaw (a research program) is not required.
- Dobyns, Zipporah Pottenger, Progressions Directions and Rectification, AFA, Tempe, AZ, Jan 26, 2011, Reprint of 1975 version, 106 pages
- Tebbs, Carol, The Complete Book of Chart Rectification, Llewellyn Publishing, MN, 2008, 295 pages (Out of print as of October 2020, but available in course site by author, or try Amazon. com-Kindle for used copies.)
*W112A or W113A Required for the Professional Diploma
View Carol’s bio here
Registration closes at 7:00am on Wednesday July 19th, 2023
There are no reviews yet.