W205 – Electional Astrology – Summer 2022-23
This course introduces the practice of electing a special moment in time for various life events and activities. It covers the utilization of planetary hours to refine an election chart.
Week 1 I. General Rules of Electional Astrology II. Planetary Hours
Week 2 III. Marriage and Divorce IV. Taking a Trip
Week 3 V. Moving into a House, Condominium, or Apartment VI. Building a House Week 4 VII. Buying or Selling a Car VIII. Buying or Selling a House
Week 5 IX. Starting a Business X. Election for Surgery
Upon completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Discuss the principles of Electional Astrology
2. Apply the principles of Electional Astrology
3. Evaluate an election chart for the goodness of fit
4. Distinguish between different types of transit charts
5. Synthesize and delineate a natal chart with an election chart
Prerequisites: Natal Astrology, Transits
Required texts: The Only Way to Learn about Horary & Electional Astrology by Marion D. March & Joan McEvers, an ephemeris for 2018 or 2019, and any astrology software.